Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Grave Mistakes...

=== Lock another 150 losses ====
DJI vomitted 356.29 points last friday. And recover about 20 points on sat.
From what I observe, dips like this dun just come in one wave, and news of bad results from citigroup will definately cause another tumble when it opens trading on monday.

With such anticipation, I have join the putties bandwagon in hope to have a fruitful ride. In a rush-headed mind for profits, I have overlook the ISM report and its impact on DJI.

Early warnings were send out yesterday when STI tested 50 days MA and did not decline further after HSI closes with a deep drop of more then 1500 points, instead it retrace back to 3670 support lvl. At that point, I still foolishly held on to hope and took the gamble.

===This morning===
DJI closes 51 points down. To me, it seems ok where I should be able to enjoy the ride down. To my dismay, it went the other way round!!!

Trader Instincts
"When the trades goes wrong, you have to rush for the emergancy exit!!!"

My margin of risk was compromised and thus I took my losses before HSI opens as HSI is usually a driver to STI in either direction(decided not to take the gamble).

Mistakes:
Herd-Following
Panic buying/selling(brought at day high/sold at day low)
Traded on emotions/greed

0 comments: