Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Emotions Part 3! Pharse preceding the fall!!

Today we have another correction whipping 115.95 points of STI to 3431.71. All the stocks has drop 5-10%, a lot of margin calls to reach speculators, resulting in more selldown.


I begin to feel numb from this correction when I see my portfolio falling deeper eating into my capital. Guess it part of the learning journey where I have to curb emotions and selling in frenzy realising and piling on more to my net losses.

I believe I can protect my capital by holding them through the storm.

Below are the pharses of the correction:

Pharse 1
End of June to first 2 weeks of July: Pennies stocks like jade, oculus and many others that no one notice raise vigorously where some has gone 4-5 folds from their usual prices. Speculators at work.

Pharse 2
A series of short lived rallies(e.g stocks that rises high but close back at the end of the day/stocks that rises alot and fall on the next day) went across serveral stocks. This is a good time to lock profits and get out of the market.

Pharse 3
Catastrophe strikes, all stocks jus keep falling everyday. Good entry when bottom is formed.

With this experience, I must be better prepare for the next correction!

0 comments: