Friday, October 5, 2007

New Securities Account!

===Small talk with securities trading account===
We have seen/hear news of technical failure in securities trading platform from time to time when there are exceptionally large volume of trading on the trading day itself – these days are usually crucial to investors/traders as majority of them happens on when there are price shock/correction in the market. The technical failure results investors/traders to lose significant amount of profits, eating into their profits and the extreme worse cases go to margin traders where they could not cut their losses. Thus, it will be best to have a reliable securities company trading platform and perhaps diversify your trades with different trading platforms.

Personal experiences
I have been trading with POEMS since Feb. From my experience, I feel that it is simple and easy to use especially for beginners like me. It offers investors/traders a wide variety of financial instruments from the most common stocks, bonds, treasury bills, unit trust to the sophisticated instrument, forex. However, I have encountered some cases from primarily where live prices system crashes and cannot be shown or companies name cannot be display on live prices to the worse where I cannot log into the system for a few hours during the trading day.

This is especially annoying as I cannot manage to protect my profits and cut my losses and watch my counters prices drop sharply from the SGX website where I can’t do anything (Still got another alternative: call your broker place your order which incur a higher transaction fees). I had complained about this to Mentor Neo and he suggested to get another trading account as POEMS trading platform is usually unable to handle large trading volume on crucial day.

Recommendations
He has recommend Lim & Tan Securities and iOCBC Securities to me and emphasis on Lim & Tan securities as they are having a promotion now. The promotions give a 50 NTUC vouchers and 6 months free subscription to ShareInvestor Account after completing 3 trades with them. WHAO! That’s a good deal as you can get access to a range of analyzing tools and comprehensive information of stocks information from ShareInvestor website. As for iOCBC, it offers free SMS alert features for free whereas the rest need to redeem points for the feature.

Action
With such attractive benefits and features, I have applied for both last week and managed to get my Lim & Tan Securities trading account today and iOCBC has rang me up to inform me that my account will be ready by next week. :)

0 comments: