Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Emotions Part 2

Feeling depressed in trading lately, perhaps I held too much anxiety in reaping profits and overstressing myself to make those them. In the impatient state of mind, I have made serveral fallecies in trading, especially on contra trades...

I remembered Master Dec say that trading should be fun... I think I gave myself too much pressure and trading became unenjoyable....
I will not be trading in the near term, will be just watching the market and do more research on the stock market.

As for stocks I currently hold, I will be reverting to investor role and continue holding them till it hit my target price.

Current position:
Realised NET LOSS: Ard 2700

Will continue to blog on and test my methodolgy before I make my entry into the market for a round 2 fight!

1 comments:

la papillion said...

Hi noob,

Trading can be fun, but I think more importantly it should be BORING but SATISFYING.

Boring because you've done your homework and just have to execute buy and wait and wait and wait. You only buy or sell when the situation is as when you have predetermined.

Satisfying because when you get a kick out of seeing your target reached, your entry correct...even if you didn't buy the stocks at all.

I still remember last time my heart beat faster when I see the ticks go up and up. Now...it's just another number on the screen.

Noob, replicability is essential for long term survival. Not aiming for one shot wonder :) Take your necessary break and feel the freedom of doing any thing other than watching your watchlist tick by.